What’s fire cider?
Fire Cider is a popular herbal remedy made from steeping herbs, roots, and fruit peels in probiotic-rich vinegar. This vinegar-based infusion gets its name from its wild combination of ingredients that includes ginger, horseradish, and jalapenos balanced with lemons, rosemary, turmeric, and honey/agave syrup. This spicy yet sweet tonic warms both body and soul.
It has been consumed traditionally to ward off different symptoms; perfect for the cold months to come. Since it takes about 4-6 weeks for this extraction to happen, this is the perfect time to prepare your herbal medicine for when cold nights fall upon us!
Traditional fire cider is made by infusing apple cider vinegar with warming herbs like horseradish, garlic, onion, ginger, and hot peppers. Recipes can be easily adapted based on the season and what’s available. During this workshop, which is hosted by fitqueens, you’ll learn everything you need to know about how to make your own fire cider.
- You will learn about the medicinal qualities of the plants within the formula,
- A history of fire cider
- Basic herbal extraction lesson
- The importance of traditional foods and remedies
- Recipes and ideas on how to incorporate this tonic into your home
- Directions on how to strain your fire cider and sweeten it after its infusing time.
At the end of this collaborative workshop, you’ll take home your own batch of fire cider to protect your family all season long. Those winter colds won’t know what hit them.
- All organic ingredients & organic apple cider vinegar
- All equipment, such as knives, mortar & grind, bowls, aprons, etc.
- Recipe card
- Mason jars – yours to keep!
- Your own home-made fire cider batch
- Drinks & snacks
- Max 6 participants
- Date: Saturday, September 17th
- Time: 14:00-15:30
- Organizer: fitqueens
- Venue: fq house
- Address: Verrijn Stuartlaan 30, 2288EL, Rijswijk
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pricing: €75
For educational purposes only. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. We reserve the right to cancel a workshop in case of insufficient interest. This will happen at least five days before the planned date. In this case, you can choose another date or get your money back.