A clothing swap brings people together to exchange their valuable but no longer-in-use clothes. You can, of course, add other items. Almost anything in your wardrobe is eligible for a swap, jewelry, shoes, bags, scarves, and other fashion items. It is a fun way to declutter and revamp your closet. You get to spend time with friends, connect with strangers and practice sustainable fashion.
If you are working towards living a zero-waste lifestyle, you will find clothes swapping a sustainable and eco-friendly way to source new, interesting and sustainable wardrobe updates. By participating in a clothing swap, you would contribute your quota to circular fashion. Practicing “reduce, reuse and recycle” principles lives at the heart of sustainable living and eco-friendly activity.
Secondhand doesn’t mean second quality.
Our clothes swapping party, hosted by Thrift Queen, will have high-quality clothing that will be scanned prior to swapping. The party will be hosted at fq house, in an intimate & unique setting. After being welcomed with champagne and snacks, you’ll be able to walk around, connect and of course, get yourself some pre-loved goodies.
There will be changing rooms, mirrors & extra lighting available so you can make a good decision.
- Bring between 8-10 items. These items will first be scanned by the team. All clothes should be freshly washed and in good condition. (No holes, missing buttons, zippers, stains & not worn out from washing)
- To keep things fair, no one should go home with more items than they brought. You will receive a coin with the number of items you brought. In the end, your chosen amount of items should match the number on your coin.
- No bras/lingerie allowed
- Bring your own shopping bag
- The early you arrive, the better the chances of getting the extra good stuff
- Networking is allowed and encouraged
- There is no time limit, take it easy and enjoy the snacks, drinks, good company, music, and clothes.
Entrance fee: €8,50
Includes champagne and snacks.
As always when it comes to thrifting, there can be a chance of not finding something you like. We will try our best to have as many sizes and variations as possible.