Let’s create magic today Queens! Today on the menu: Matcha Mousse Cake.
This no bake cake is not only delicious, but it also provides some valuable nutrients. Matcha powder is made from finely ground green tea leaves. One of the major health benefits of matcha is that it delivers a mega dose of antioxidants. Matcha is an easy and simple way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet. Besides teas or lattes, you can also create beautiful and delicious desserts.
I think you’re going to love this recipe because it’s incredibly creamy, rich, luxurious and indulgent. Enjoy this wonderful fluffy taste in your mouth and if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Facebook and use the hashtag #FitQueensFoodies. I’d love seeing your take on this recipe.
Prep time|Cook time|Total time|Servings
20 min 6 h 6h20m 8-10
- 1 cup medjoul dates
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup unroasted and unsalted cashews, (soaked overnight or in boiled water for 15 minutes)
- 1¾ cups canned coconut milk
- ½ cup plus 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1¾ cups almond milk
- ¾ teaspoon agar powder
- 1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- Optional topping: Eatable flowers plus extra matcha powder
- Blend dates and cashews in a food processor/blender and blend until a ‘dough’ like texture is formed.
- Add “dough” to a springform pan covered with parchment paper and use your hands to press it down. It needs to be around 1 cm high. Set aside.
- Prepare the mousse by combining the cashews, coconut milk, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt in the blender and blending until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the almond milk and agar powder and bring to a boil while whisking. When it comes to a boil, bring the heat down to low and allow to simmer for 2 minutes while you whisk. After 2 minutes, pour mixture into the blender jar along with the cashew mixture and blend until well mixed (around 1 minute).
- Add the matcha powder to the blender and blend again until well mixed *
- Pour green mixture over crust in the springform pan. Let it cool down for about 10 minutes and then cover with foil and let it chill in the refrigerator overnight (around 6 hours)
- When chilled, remove from the springform pan. Dust the top of the cake with extra matcha powder (using a small sieve) and eatable flowers.
- Slice and enjoy!
* You may notice a lot of bubbles while blending. That’s ok. They will disappear after a while. If not, you can gently tap the springform a few times (before chilling) to make them disappear
** Adapted from http://www.landsandflavors.com
DID YOU KNOW
One Cup of Matcha Green Tea = 10 Cups of Green Tea